7 things to do at the big Braderie in Luxembourg City!
It’s that time of the year, the big Braderie in Luxembourg City has returned (since 1929!). On September 4th, the streets are going to be packed with stands where young and old can find their personal bargains. You want to get the most out of this day and spend a fabulous time? Here are seven things to do which will make your Braderie experience even better!
- The Braderie is a treasure hunt! Look through the stands and offers of your favorite shops in order to find what your heart belongs!
- Drink a Kippchen (glass of champagne) and try one of the traditional Mettwurst (grilled sausage). At the Braderie every taste but will be satisfied and nobody will go home hungry!
- Enjoy all the amazing festivities in the streets of the capital. Fun street animations, quizzes, gadgets to win and other surprises are waiting for you.
- Find a back-to-school outfit for the best price! The big Braderie is the perfect opportunity to find clothes for your children on sale. Clothing, shoes, backpacks and other accessories; we assure you will find everything.
- Discover the new autumn/winter collection. You found your bargain on sale, now what about something from the new collection? Most stores offer smaller discounts on their latest releases.
- On this day, streets such as ‘Avenue de la liberté’ and ‘Avenue de la Gare’ are closed for traffic. Take advantage of that and stroll through the beautiful avenues in order to discover the neighborhood and its architecture form a new perspective.
- Park your car at the free car park ‘Fort Wedell’ and ‘Place de l’Europe’ or use free public transport to make your way in town. There is no reason for you to stay at home. A tip for you, download the VdL-app on your smartphone to check for available parking spots.
Organization wise: The big Braderie takes place from 8am till 7pm in upper town and at the train station district. Furthermore, numerous shops open their doors on Sunday September 3rd, the day before the big sale day. Some stores already offer discounts on that day.